Coronavirus Business Continuity Resources
Daily Updates and Resources to Help You Protect Your Business and Employees
We're reading, interpreting, and vetting the vast amounts of resources and information being shared within and outside the Allied Community all-day, every day. As things come out, and they are helpful we'll post them here. Bookmark the page and check back often.
THANK YOU to all partners, members, and the general business community who are creating such helpful, valuable, and insightful stuff to help. The power of the community in action.
As it happens updates...
- Marsh & McLennan Agency
- Old National Bank
- Messerli Kramer
- US Chamber of Commerce
- MN Chamber of Commerce
- MN DEED (Department of Employment and Economic Development)
- MN Department of Revenue (Tax implications/changes/definitions)
- SBA Guidance for Employers
- MN Unemployment Insurance
- US Department of Labor - Coronavirus
- US Department of Labor - FMLA Guidance
SATURDAY - MARCH 28
- The Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act - PDF - (Credit: Scaling Up) - Excellent breakdown
- National Small Business Town Hall (Webcast) - (Credit: US Chamber of Commerce)
- CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY LOANS - Small Business Guide and Checklist - PDF - (Credit: US Chamber of Commerce)
- Breakdown of Congress’ $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package (CREDIT: WIPFLI)
- Business Insurance Implications - Webcast - (Credit: MMA) - Discussion includes: Claims reporting best practices, workers’ compensation, and general liability claims, Property insurance considerations, Explanation of first-party policies and related supply chain risk, Directors and officers claim exposure and coverage considerations, Cyber liability, and COVID-19 implications.
- What's in the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill? (Credit: CNN)
- Details on the modified SBA 7a loan that is part of the economic stimulus (Credit: American Action Forum).
- Details on Small Business Emergency Loans through MN DEED
THURSDAY - MARCH 26
- WEBINAR FRIDAY - US Chamber of Commerce - National Town Hall (FREE) - Register at the Link.
- Addressing the Coronavirus Outbreak - An Employer’s Guide - UPDATED 3/24 - PDF (Credit: MMA) - MMA has consolidated decision points that you should consider as you and your organization develop your own business resiliency plan regarding your benefits program - topics include the fed and state response to Covid-19, testing and treatment, communication with employees, and care/well-being resources.
- Staying Healthy While at Home - PDF (Credit: MMA) - MMA has developed a list of no-cost resources to help your employees stay healthy while staying at home. These resources include at-home specific content on topics including physical activity, mental health, nutrition, ergonomics, and more.
The COVID-19 Corporate Response Tracker: How America’s Largest Employers Are Treating Stakeholders Amid the Coronavirus Crisis (Credit: Just Capital) - Looking for guidance on how some large organizations are attacking the issue at hand. JC is tracking their response.
TUESDAY - MARCH 24
- Facility Shutdown Checklist - PDF – With the potential of MN moving to Shelter in Place, attached is a great white paper on things to think about proactively (Credit: Marsh & McLennan Agency)
MONDAY - MARCH 23
- Coronavirus and the economy: Best and worst-case scenarios from Minneapolis Fed president (Credit: CBS & 60 Minutes). The former Treasury official who was in charge of the $700 billion government response to the 2008 financial crisis tells 60 Minutes what tools the Federal Reserve can use to combat the economic stress being caused by COVID-19. Forward to the 6:00 min. mark to catch what is being done differently this time around vs. 2008-2009 (lessons learned).
SATURDAY - MARCH 21
- Memo - Re Disaster Funds Program (Credit: Marc Cove @ Platinum Bank) - Details on the EIDL program from the SBA. Funds are flowing to MN and WI small businesses and non-profits. Links to where/how to apply within.
- The COVID Tracking Project - a resource maintained by The Atlantic, which collects information from 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and five other U.S. territories. The tracker aims to include positive and negative results, pending tests, and total people tested for each state or district currently reporting that data.
FRIDAY - MARCH 20
- Federal Tax Filing Deadline Moving to July 15 (Credit WIPFLI)
- A Coronavirus Update for Employers - (Credit: Marsh & McLennan Agency) - This guide summarizes recent actions taken by both the federal and state governments affecting employer-provided health benefits as well as certain other related issues.
THURSDAY - MARCH 19
- COVID-19 HR Guidance and Best Practices - Webcast (Credit: ThinkHR) - Thank you to Laura Moore @ MMA for the share!
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act - (Credit: WIPFLI) - The House and Senate have passed the “Families First Coronavirus Response Act” to address mandated sick leave for those infected with COVID-19. Get the details.
- IRS guides COVID-19 extension of tax payments - (Credit: WIPFLI) - The IRS released Notice 2020-17 Wednesday afternoon, providing guidance on the tax payment extension announced by Treasury on March 17. Any "Affected Taxpayer" with a federal income tax payment due on April 15 can delay payment until July 15, 2020, in an amount up to the "Applicable Postposed Payment Amount." No interest or penalties will be applied from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020, on amounts otherwise due on April 15.
GENERAL TOPICAL TOOLS & RESOURCES
- COVID-19: Preventing the Spread in the Workplace - PDF - (Credit: Tim Sheehan/OECS)
- COVID-19: Symptoms Chart - PDF - (Credit: Tim Sheehan/OECS)
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19/OSHA- PDF - (Credit: Tim Sheehan/OECS)
- Stopping the Spread of Germs - PDF - (Credit: Tim Sheehan/OECS)
- COVID Insurance Coverage Considerations - PDF - (Credit: Marsh & McLennan Agency)
- Disaster Preparedness Business Checklist - PDF - (Credit Heide Olson @ All in One Accounting)
- Managing a Cash Flow Crisis - PDF - (Credit Heide Olson @ All in One Accounting) - If your business experiences cash flow slow down due to internal or external factors some steps can be taken to help you manage this crisis in short term
- Cash Flow Story - Alan Miltz’ SaaS tool for managing cash – no charge for 3 months – stress test your cash with just 6 numbers from your financials. Lots of good stuff being offered out there. This one came through Verne Harnish (Scaling Up).
- Recession Response One Sheet - PDF - (Credit: Michael Michalowicz)
- POSTER - FMLA EMPLOYEE RIGHTS - Details regarding the paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave under the FFCRA passed.
- Best practices for onboarding a new employee in a virtual office. (Credit: Versique)
- Best practices for conducting a virtual interview in the wake of Covid-19 (Credit: Versique)
General Business Support//Information
- Rings of Defense - (Credit: Tim Keran - Allied Executives Facilitator and owner of ALTUS Business Advisors) - Tim created this - while leading Western Graphics - to help navigate difficult times, organize his thinking, and help take the emotion out of tough financial and people decisions. This tool was created in 2001 and used successfully, on three separate occasions, to deal with a business interruption.
- Management Objectives for Trying Times - (Credit: ITR Economics) - What management should do now that we are in the back end of a business cycle. Also, the ITR Podcast - TrendsTalk - is a worthy follow.
Leading through Crisis
- Two Principles for Leading Your Organization Through the Covid-19 Crisis - (Credit: Harry Kraemer) Kraemer is a former chairman and CEO of the $12 billion global healthcare company Baxter International and a clinical professor of leadership at Kellogg. Over the years, he has led through crises small and large—including a tragic crisis involving faulty dialyzers and patient deaths.
- Free Online Training Class - (Credit: Josh Kluver @ VisionOne Academy) Learn how to take a planned approach to respond to disaster and negative events, consider multiple perspectives, short and long-term considerations, and assess risk levels which will help you to make more effective decisions.
- Leadership in a Crisis (Credit: McKinsey)
- Crisis Communication Page by HBR - (Credit Harvard Business Review)
- 5 Practical C's to Leading in a Crisis (Link to PDF) - (Credit Verne Harnish/Scaling Up)
- Scary Times Success Manual (Link to PDF) - (Credit: Dan Sullivan/Strategic Coach)
Support for Remote Workforce(s)
- Zoom and Skype Call Tips and Considerations - (Credit: Seth's Blog/Seth Godin)
- Leading Virtual Teams Successfully - (Credit: Darren Hardy)
- How the Economic Machine Works - (Credit: Ray Dalio)
- Why Flattening the Curve Matters - (Credit: Washington Post)
- The History of Pandemics - (Credit: www.visualcapitalist.com)
For EOS-specific Companies